On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:35:56 -0600, Rich Smrcina <rsmrc...@wi.rr.com> wrote:

>John McKown wrote:>>
>> Let me go double check. The people on the iSeries forum may not be up on
the z10EC specs.
The i595 is a 64way Power5+ machine with up to 4TB of main memory and 381TB
of internal disk and 168 iSCSI "channels".
>> The largest z10EC is 64way zArch machine with up to 1.52 TB of main
memory and 1024 channels. Of that, I don't know how much can be used by a
single z/OS instance.
>Apples and Oranges.  I certainly hope your comparison goes somewhat deeper
than this!
>Rich Smrcina
Written by a system I guy like arguments on Z are written by System Z guys
( it was writen in 2006)
http://systeminetwork.com/article/simply-best-why-system-i-rules
Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr