Bob,

>    I've got a product (CA-Allocate) that allows dynamic increasing of
> the allocation of System Temporary datasets.  This current state.
>
>    As I move to SMS, I see that only a STORCLAS is assigned for these.
> If I understand correctly, this means that the space coded in the JCL is
> what you get.

CA-Allocate can override the space amounts in alloc environment, no
difference. Same applies to secondary space increase/reduction in extend
environment. You would want to exclude sortwork datasets since *sort does
its own thing.

>    My options seem to be: 1) plow thru all System Temporary allocations
> being increased by CA-Allocate and update the JCL, or 2) Leave System
> Temporary datasets non-SMS.
>
>    Am I on the right track?  Do most of y'all make System Temporary dsns
> SMS-managed?

Temporary datasets were the first datasets I put under sms in the early
90's.

Regards,
John