Hi listers,
Our core mainframe business application was sunset on 12/31/2008, with our
data migrating from the z platform to an SAP solution. Now we are faced with
what to do with data on tape (3490/3490E). Our mix of data on tape consist of
backups utilizing CA Faver, CA Disk, CA's DB2 Management Tools (formally
Platinum) for DB2 Image Copies, and IDP's FDR, as well as Application data that
contains packed data. Is there a recommended service provided that can
convert/transfer from the 3490 media to another (possibly LTO)? Our 'frame
(and probably myself) will be hauled out the door on 3/31/2009, so time is a
factor should RYO methods be the only recourse. Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks,
Steve Horein
Sr. Systems Programmer
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt