From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Frank Swarbrick
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:04 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: New GDG question

Consider the following...

A file is received (via FTP) 7 days a week from somewhere.  The FTP
writes to
generation +1.

Problem:  The program that uses the file(s) runs only every business
day.  On
a regular Tuesday-Friday it needs to only read the most recent
generation
(0).  But on Monday it needs to read (0), (-1) and (-2).  And of course
there
are holidays to consider.

Thoughts on how this can be addressed?

Thanks,