Hal Merritt wrote:
I've been asked to look into killing the SMTP service. We are very heavy users
of XMITIP, but inbound email is blocked at the firewall. However, that does not
seem to be good enough and we need to 'block the port' on the z/os host.

I'm having trouble isolating a FM, and there is not much on this issue in the
archives that I can see.

From what I can see, the SMTP server is critical to what we are doing with
XMITIP. But how would you 'block the port'?

Please, no Redbook referances.

Clues, anyone?
es/ibm-main.html
Change
PORT
25 TCP SMTP ; SMTP Server

PORT
25 TCP SMTP BIND 127.0.0.1 ; SMTP Server outbound only