Bob,

Maybe I'm still confused. I didn't mean to suggest that it can transfer directly from (or do anything with) the MANx datasets, it can't. It doesn't do any processing on the mainframe other than connecting to the FTP server.

Regards

Andrew

Richards, Robert B. wrote:
Andrew,

You missed my point. It was not about the file transfer mechanism (FTP,
IND$FILE, whatever), it was about the ability to do it directly from the
MANx datasets. This presumes that you have handled the correct control
cards, etc. My question was then "if you can do it with MANx datasets,
can you correctly generate the necessary SMF logstream control cards
too?"

Bob