PTF UA45540 is available for OA27386. The Red Alert was especially noteworthy
for anyone running Top-Secret or ACF2.

http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1OA27386

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/redAlerts/20081215.html

Partial Release of VSAM Extended Format Data sets on z/OS 1.10 using OEM
Security Product, may cause loss of access to data sets due to an error in
DADSM Partial Release processing.

In z/OS 1.10, when attempting to release space on VSAM extended format data
set, an ABEND0C4 may occur in IGG020P1 or IGG020P2. On the subsequent Open, you
may receive a message IEC331I, which indicates loss of access to the data set.
If this occurs, please open a PMR with IBM and we can help regain access to the
data set.
APAR OA27386 <HIPER DATALOSS> has been created to resolve this issue. See the
APAR text for additional details

Recommended Actions:
Apply fix for OA27386. Partial Release is controlled in the DFSMS Management
Class. If it is possible, you can turn off Partial Release for the affected
data sets.

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                System z Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:sknut...@geico.com
                (office)  301.986.3574
                (cell) 301.996.1318

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."

This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.