From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On
Behalf Of Joel M Ivey
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 3:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: OAM RECALL objects to DB2 dasd...IMAGPLUS

We need to recall many objects from OAM optical to DB2 dasd (user
requirement).  In parmlib, SETOSMC MAXRECALLTASKS is 4, and
RECALLOPTICAL(90) is set on the storage group.   To test, we are using
OSREQ
RETRIEVE with RECALL.   This does not seem to be giving us what we need.

The object is not recalled to dasd but remains on optical.   We
determine
this by the length of time that it takes to view the object after the
recall, and by verifying with SQL against the IMAGPLUS object directory
that the object is indeed not on dasd.

Questions:
On an OAM RECALL, do the SMS ACS routines get invoked?   If so, what is
the
ACSENVIR at this point?   Is it STORE?    Also, do we need to change the
storclas on each object before we recall it?

After a succesful recall, does the mgmtclas not affect the object?  If
the RECALL is for 90 days, this doesn't necessarily match certain values
in the
mgmtclas (creation days/months, etc.).

Finally, is the recalled object just a COPY of the original from
optical?

We have seveal manuals out researching this and are testing.   Any
insight
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Joel