On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 07:50:57 -0800 Don Russell said:
>I'm toying with different ideas of how to send data to an MS Windows
>server from MVS (1.9)
>
>Right now I have "step one" produce a sequential, plain text file on
>DASD, and step 2 uses FTP to send it to the PC, translating ebcdic to
>ascii along the way.
>
>I can easily send data from MVS to VM/CMS using DEST=(vmnode,userid)
>and that got me thinking... what would it take to have something
>similar to write data to a PC?
>Where can I read about the process required to to do that? (I'm
>anticipating the work required to do it is prohibitive given that FTP
>is readily available, but still, it's an interesting (to me) idea. :-)
>
>Note: The PC is not a "user workstation", it's a server that watches
>the directory the FTP process writes to, and then processes the file
>when the size stops changing. (Seems a little hokey to me... but there
>it is)

Warning: I haven't tried this exact scenario, but have similar ones.

Since you appear to already have RSCS, you could use UFT on RSCS.
(Unsolicited File Transfer).  In theory, you don't need RSCS for UFT, it
is already implemented in the NJE world.  It's RFC1440 if that's helpful.
I don't know of a Windows server client, but there's and old UNIX server
here:  http://casita.net/pub/uft/

/ahw