I think the OP would want to use the special dataset name TMSTPINIT.INIT
or something like that to have CA1 ignore any mismatch between the TMC and
the tape label.
Regards,
John

Campbell Jay <james.l.campb...@irs.gov>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
02/12/2009 03:26 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: How to correct tape errors

You'll get the error that DSN17 doesn't match the internal label on the
volume.
You can either restore the DSN17 field in TMS - or reinitialize the
volume.

Jay Campbell
IBM OS Support Section