On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:07:50 -0800, lynn wrote:

>Bruce McKnight writes:
>> This is kind of an odd question, so please bear with me.

>> My question is this: Does anyone know of a way to use a fast PC with a
>> big hard drive as mainframe DASD.  I might be able to swing funds for
>> an ESCON card for the PC and whatever software may be required ...
>> within reason.  The PC can run Linux or Windows.

Search the archives for Shai Hess. He was developing a PC based disk product
that I think he hopes to market some day. I don't recall how it physically
attached. He used to post pretty regularly here, but some got tired of his
marketing and beat him into obscurity.

Sounds like a fun project. Good Luck.