Hi Daniel,

I see Joseph Butz has already chimed in - they're all good people at IDP. We
just had our annual DR test yesterday and we use FDRABR and FDRAPPL to restore
and recover at DR. We're a pretty simple shop (no plex) but I'll be glad to
help if I can. We use FDRDSF to backup the catalogs, etc, after the volume
dumps and FDRAPPL to restore those pesky application datasets that seem to get
scattered around. Currently we do not process the daily incrementals at DR - we
only recover back to the last full dump (Sunday in our case). In a real
disaster we could recover to the last night's backup. We do a lean mean DR test
to save money. We don't have the luxury of FDRDRP to restore multiple volumes
in parallel, but all the disk volumes we recover fit on one 3592 tape. This
means just one tape mount but one-by-one disk restores. If you had a lot to
recover in a short time I would suggest FDRDRP also - I looked at it and liked
it. Yep, you get what you pay for... :)

Robert Johnston
UAMS - Little Rock, AR

privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
message.