On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:27:04 -0500, Santosh Kandi <ska...@ti.com> wrote:

>Hello All,
>
>I am running SAS on MVS to read SMF30 records and want to the know the
>easiest way to convert the Date/Time format
>FROM: 15MAR09:00:05:19
>TO: YYMMDDHHMMSS
>
>When I read SMF records I use "SMFSTAMP8." for Input and then format it
>with:FORMAT SMF30SIT DATETIME16. This gives me the format
>15MAR09:00:05:19
>
>But my requirement is to output the date/time as YYMMDDHHMMSS
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Santosh

Recommend visiting the SAS support website  http://support.sas.com/  and
search for argument" PROC FORMAT datetime custom formats" argument, which
are generated with the PICTURE statement.  There are limits on formatting
SAS 8601 style date and datetime values, as a general purpose, which can be
handled with PROC FORMAT.

Scott Barry
SBBWorks, Inc.