When you say "residual data" are you in fact meaning that you want to erase any
data on the tape that exists past the very last file on the tape through to the
physical end of the cartridge or are you wanting to erase the entire tape?

Stephen Mednick
Computer Supervisory Services
Sydney, Australia

Asia/Pacific representatives for
Innovation Data Processing, Inc.

P.S. Apologies if this posting appears more than once, having outgoing
mailserver
problems