On Thu, 7 May 2009 14:11:21 -0400, O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]
<obrie...@mail.nih.gov> wrote:

>If I read the manual correctly TSM will backup every object in need of a
backup in Node LSSB1 during the next incremental backup.   But is this
enough to recover at DR?

Nope . Not enough as such.
DR is a very complex process.( i only tried to answer your question about a
command )
As for DR, the Incremental bakup is only backuping files that have been
modified ( contents, security masks , location etc ...)
It backs up the data ( and the databases if you have  database agents )
But in order to implement a solution that is valid for DR you need also to
recover the operating system, the network connection and the TSM client.
If you want to use a full TSM solution you will need an extra "plugin" or addon
code.
For example CBMR ( Christie Bare Metal Restore)  is quite efficient.
in ( very) short it will allow the server to have a mini OS with a mini TSM
driver system and a tp link that will recover the original OS ( linux,
Windows server or else) and finally you will recover your data.
I heard that new versions of TSM could include such facility soon or later
but i am not sure because i do not follw announcement closely (and we have
been using CBMR for years).
Bruno Sugliani
zxnetconsult(at)free(dot)fr
http://zxnetconsult.free.fr