From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
McKown, John
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 8:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: PDSMAN Replacement

Likely true. However, remember that a PDSE cannot be shared except within a
single SYSPLEX. If you try to share it across multiple SYSPLEXes or MONOPLEXes,
then "results are undefined" and likely to be terrible (corrupted PDSEs).

> The Dynamic BLDL function causes me a little concern. I have
> inherited a
> situation where we have one massive load library that
> contains all batch &
> online application programs. All batch jobs and online
> systems have either a
> JOBLIB or STEPLIB DD Statement that references this one
> library. Many years
> ago (well before my time) the techies turned off this PDSMAN
> feature and had
> very severe system performance issues for online and batch
> applications,
> resulting in this feature being re-enabled. I was think of
> splitting the
> library, perhaps by application to reduce the search time for none
> application code.

Use LLA. It can be used to buffer any load library, not just the LINKLIST.

./ ADD NAME=CSVLLAnn
LIBRARIES(-LNKLST-,
          NPHPN.PGM.LOADLIB,
          DCHPN.ENDEVOR.EZTPLUS.LOADLIB)
FREEZE(-LNKLST-,
       NPHPN.PGM.LOADLIB,
       DCHPN.ENDEVOR.EZTPLUS.LOADLIB)
./ENDUP

is an example.

> The remote Data Compare is used in batch to compare PDS¹s on the QA &
> Production systems. A checksum is generated for each PDS and
> then compared.
> If a difference is found a WTO is posted (picked up by
> automation) that
> triggers a check of the libraries.

I can't help with this one.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 . N. Richland Hills . TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone . (817)-961-6183 cell
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com . www.HealthMarkets.com

HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the
Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA
Life and Health Insurance Company.SM