From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of John
Kelly [john_j_ke...@ao.uscourts.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2009 11:02 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Question concerning pre-mature uncatalog/delete of a tape file.

Hey Dave,

Yeah, since I would assume that SYSUT2 is output, it should update the TMC
and with no EXPDT=99000 I would image TMS would update it to zeros. Seems
like they have the EXPDT=99000 on the wrong step because the first one
seems to have read the tape while the other step wrote to it. Don't
remember but did you say that this had been running and 'no problems'?

Jack

Jack Kelly
202-502-2390 (Office)

"O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C]" <obrie...@mail.nih.gov>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
06/03/2009 06:41 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>

IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
cc

Subject
Re: Question concerning pre-mature uncatalog/delete of a tape file.

Hi John,

Yes, I did notice that.

Checking the jcl the first reference to the dataset in question is

//M4OLD  DD  DSN=HLQ.PUBLIC.MASTER,DISP=(OLD,PASS,CATLG),
//       UNIT=ETAPE,EXPDT=99000

The second reference is a Icegener

//COPY.SYSUT2  DD  DSN=HLQ.PUBLIC.MASTER,DISP=(OLD,KEEP)

One would think Expdt=99000 should have been coded here but that is not
the case.

Dave O'Brien
NIH Contractor