Contacting ESP is the right approach. We cap the number of ENQs any one
space can obtain. This limit is in place to prevent a "runaway" program from
utilizing all the storage in the GRS address space. This limit is
customizable either at the address space level via the ISGADMIN API, or at
the system level via the SETGRS ENQMAXU command.

The 16K limit is not a "table," it is strictly the limit that a single
(unauthorized) space is allowed to obtain. If ESP were to reach that limit,
further ENQs from that address space would fail, but the rest of the system
would continue to function normally.

The GRS EQDQ Monitor (MVS Planning: Global Resource Serialization, Chapter
3) can be used to see the ENQ activity. A filter on the jobname could be
used to focus in on the ESP program's activity.

Chris Brooker
GRS Level 3 Team Lead