Hi,

My client is moving from one Vir-tape (VT1) to another vir-tape system(VT2).

HSM uses Tape duplexing.

The plan is to use:

site1: primary HSM tapes:
 VT1-1 : tape volser : 1*
 VT2-1 : tape volser : 5*

site2: alternate HSM tapes:
 VT1-2 : tape volser : 0*
 VT2-2 : tape volser : 4*

If HSM is told to use VT2, HSM will use VT2 for new MIG/BKUP data,
but still needs to use old tapes from VT1.

If VT1-1 crashes, I need to tell HSM to:
 use tapes 5* as normal;
 but, instead of tapes 1* from VT1-1, use tapes 0* from VT1-2.

What's the best way of doing this?

I thought of using:
 TAPEREPL INDATASET(volrepl.list.dsname)
but to do this I need to list all the old tapes & their Alt-tapes:
 111111  011111
 111112  011112

is there a way to tell HSM to replace  'generic' volser, like:
 command  (1*,0*)

TIA,
Rez