Wayne Driscoll wrote:
One thing to consider is that an INCLUDED JCL member can contain INCLUDE statements, so you if the concern is that the testers want to concatenate libraries ahead of the productions, you could do the following:
//  SET LVL=PROD
//  INCLUDE JLSTART
//  INCLUDE &LVL.JOBL

In member JLSTART you would have

//JOBLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS1.EMPTY.LOADLIB

You could then have a PRODJOBL member with the "standard" files.

Developers could then create members with their initials, ie WDJOBL that contain their test libraries, and a last line of

//  INCLUDE PRODJOBL

So all that would need to change is the SET statement.

We do a lot of that in our set up for our courses.
Because we never know in advance the naming conventions
used by the installation where we are teaching, we
send some JCL in advance; by changing SET values in
just one or two members, all our class compile, bind,
and test JCL will work for each student. It's really
quite a nifty facility.

<ad>
And, of course, we teach this in all of our
JCL classes.
</ad>

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

  z/OS Application development made easier
    * Our classes include
       + How things work
       + Programming examples with realistic applications
       + Starter / skeleton code
       + Complete working programs
       + Useful utilities and subroutines
       + Tips and techniques

==> Check out the Trainer's Friend Store to purchase z/OS  <==
==> application developer toolkits. Sample code in four    <==
==> programming languages, JCL to Assemble or compile,     <==
==> bind and test.                                         <==
==>   http://www.trainersfriend.com/TTFStore/index.html    <==