Just in case somebody else is not aware of this, ...

The behavior of a compiled REXX exec can depend on which run time
library is used -  the SEAGLPA library provided with the compiler or
the so called ALT library SEAGALT (for shops without the compiler).

One big difference: when using SEAGLPA, the REXX "Halt" condition
is not raised unless the exec was compiled with the TESTHALT option
or the source contained the %TESTHALT directive.  When using
SEAGALT the exec acts like uncompiled REXX - the Halt condition
is automatically checked regularly during execution.

This means the developer of an exec that is going to be provided
compiled has to take steps to enable Halt detection.  I doubt all
REXX developers know that.  (Some IBM developers didn't know it. )

I know the above is true for compiled execs provided as execs.
Compiled REXX execs can also be bound into load modules.  I don't
know if these use a run-time library or have all the needed runtime
routines linked into the load module.   I suspect they use the library
so would have that same library-dependent behavior.

Pat O'Keefe