Since this is a 3rd party vendor, I am not sure you could convert to SYSTEM
REXX which was implemented in z/OS V1.9.  AXR is the prefix for SYSTEM Rexx.  I
am guessing that the vendor has you running a PROC for this process using
IRXJCL?  Or is it a IKJEFTxx program?

Currently if your normal TSO users are fine, then it is a problem within this
Vendor's Process.  I do not know of any function that could cause this, and not
having seen the REXX code or this product, cannot give much more thoughts on
this issue.

If the vendor states that they have not coded for this type of error, then they
need to assist you with analysis.  If you have the source, you could see if it
is modifiable.  If not, then have the vendor work with you to resolve this
issue.  The vendor should be able to put some additional code in this REXX for
you to provide more details.  If you see MAX USERS, it maybe a message produced
by the vendor code, if so, they could add some displays to explain why they are
seeing this issue.

Lizette