Matt

> Is there someone who can help me troubleshoot this?

To answer your question, precisely as posed, is probably yes.

Now let's see whether this particular "someone" can answer the plea contained
in the "Subject" line which would correspond to the following as a last
sentence:

"Would someone help me troubleshoot this?", "please" optional!

-

What you need to do is determine how resource names CACVTAM.TCP2610P and
CACVTAM.TCOM are represented within the control blocks of the VTAM running in
LPAR-A, the VTAM making the complaint concerning "duplicate resources". You
imply that you successfully use CACVTAM.TCP2610P as a resource representing a
printer within the VTAM running in LPAR-A so I suspect your problem is with
resource CACVTAM.TCOM.

You should post the output of the following commands in LPAR-A:

D NET,ID=TCP2610P,E
D NET,ID=TCOM,E

You should also post the statements from VTAMLST members which contain these
two resource names. You need to post just the relevant statements but including
the VBUILD (LBUILD?, BUILD?) header statements. I assume that the members,
formally described as "major nodes", are active at the time the problem
manifests itself. Typically they will be listed in your ATCCONxx member.

Do you have just one network identifier, NETID, for these two VTAMs?

What change have you made recently which gave rise to the appearance of this
problem? For example, have you just created the LPAR-B system as a "clone" with
what are assumed to be minimal required changes of the LPAR-A system?

-

> My VTAM knowledge is unfortunately limited.

What does your colleague who is responsible for maintaining VTAM and has had
sufficient VTAM education for the role of supporting a presumed critical aspect
of your activities[1] say about this problem?

-

Incidentally:

> - Printing works from TSO on LPAR-A.
> - Printing works via VTAM from applications running on LPAR-A.

Why are there two line items here? Surely "from TSO" is just a special case of
"via VTAM from applications running".

-

[1] I said "business" but then I noticed you support university students!

-

Chris Mason