ronmac...@hotmail.co.uk (Ron MacRae) writes:
> I'd already subscribed to this as an RSS feed in Google reader. That's
> my prefered method of seeing all the detail when I want to rather than
> getting interrupted by emails all the time. I use the same process for
> IBM-MAIN and several other groups/lists I follow.
>
> However according to Google reader the last update for this list was
> october 2011.  I assumed it was an inactive list. From logging on to
> the actual server I can see that it is a very active list. I guess
> Google has dropped IBMVM.

re:
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2012i.html#20 Vm & Zlinux VSWITCH question

Google gets its feed from usenet newsgroup ... these show up in the
bit.listserv "hierarchy" (reflect their bitnet ancestry) ... so the
mailing list has to have an active gateway to usenet newsgroup (like
ibm-main currently), however the ibmvm mailing list gateway to usenet
hasn't been active for some time.

note that mailing lists also have a digest mode ... posts are collected
into single email digest and usually distributed once a day (usually in
the middle of the night ... at least if you are continental US).