On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 23:31:51 -0500, Barbara Nitz <nitz-...@gmx.net> wrote:

>>We've never had a problem keeping up even during heavy periods
>Then you're lucky. How big is your standard in-storage SMF buffer?

Max size - 1G

> How many DB2s do you run on any one lpar? We went through quite a few hoops
> to prevent constantly loosing SMF data.

The smaller plexes actually have more DB2s and seem to have problems
more often from things like accounting traces left on or loops on
development regions.  There is no DB2 data sharing in those
environments.

The largest sysplex has DB2 datasharing with the largest 2 DB2
subsystems have regions on each LPAR.  There are some other
DB2 subsystems that are production (I think) not shared across
all LPARs and some QA/DEVL regions either on a single LPAR
only or a subset of the sysplex.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com