Use an E15 exit to read the input file, store the value you need to
preserve and on each successive record just overwrite with the saved
value and pass the record to sort.

I have a few examples of E15 exit code but the SYNCSORT manual should
have some examples of exit code.

Wayne Bickerdike

On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM, George, William@FTB
<william.geo...@ftb.ca.gov> wrote:
> Sorry, the formatting didn't retain how I had originally keyed it.

Wayne V. Bickerdike