The original poster would be very well advised to join DB2-L and post the
question there.  At the time of writing this does not appear to have happened.

However, for the purposes of the archives I think that it's worth recording
here that DB2 supports controlling authorization more directly with RACF or, I
assume, the alternative security products.

Controlling security in this way is sometimes known as "external security" and
has been possible from DB2 V5, if not before.

I have very little experience of DB2 external security myself.  Wherever I have
worked DB2 internal security, usually using the general approach described by
Bernd, has always been deemed sufficient.

Chris Bowen