On Wed, 25 Jul 2012 15:16:38 -0500, Jonathan Goossen wrote:

>When I click the first link, it gets translated to https and works fine.

Which is probably redirection by LISTSERV, so you got that far.

>> From: "Farley, Peter x23353"
>> Date: 07/25/2012 02:23 PM
>>
>> Interesting.  I get the same results using my employer's network,
>> which uses McAfee WebWasher to intercept "non-business" web
>> browsing.  The second url works fine but the first url is blocked.
>> Maybe it's the fact that the second url you provided is https and
>> thus is (potentially) "secure" in some fashion?  Why would access to
>> a non-secured university web page be considered "non-business" or
>> "bad reputation"?  What if you are trying to discover if the
>> university has courses for your professional career development?
>>
>> I really hate it when the nanny-techs interfere.

We're mcAfee, too.

Darren says:

    Subject: Re: IBM-MAIN archives unresponsive?
    From: Darren Evans-Young
    Date: 07/26/12 16:28
    To: Paul Gilmartin

    I'll look into it. Slow for me too.
    Probably related to the new server they migrated
    Listserv to.

    Darren

(I know; I'm violating etiquette by distributing a private
communication.  Judgment call; I'm not very sorry.)

-- gil