On Aug 1, 2012, at 12:07, Lizette Koehler wrote:

> The User's Guide for XMITIP is fairly comprehensive on how to run this in
> batch.  The JCL and samples are good.
>
>> What if the exec is being run from a batch program, what do I need to
>> change? Rexx Exec ID2EMAIL calls via an EX the XMITIP Rexx Exec.
>>
>> //STEP0030 EXEC PGM=IKJEFT1B,DYNAMNBR=50

Some rules are different if you use IRXJCL instead of IKJEFT%%

>> //SYSEXEC  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS2.LOCAL.CLIST
>> //         DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS2.LOCAL.REXX

If either of those data sets contains CLISTs as opposed to
Rexx, it must be in SYSPROC, not SYSEXEC.  If a Rexx EXEC
starts with "/* Rexx ... */", it may be in either SYSPROC or
SYSEXEC.  HT ('05'x) characters are treated as whitespace
in SYSPROC, but invalid in SYSEXEC (empirical; not documented).

>> //STEPLIB  DD DISP=SHR,DSN=SYS2.LOCAL.LINKLIB
>> //SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
>> //SYSTSPRT DD SYSOUT=*
>> //REPORT   DD DSN=&&TEMP1,
>> //            DISP=(OLD,DELETE,DELETE),

Hmmm...  You delete it even if the step ABENDS.  No do-overs.
I never code DELETE on a temporary DSN since I once had a
Bad Experience when I overrode to a member of a library PDS.
They go away by themselves when they're supposed to.

>> //            RECFM=VBA,
>> //            LRECL=137,
>> //            UNIT=SYSDA
>> //SYSTSIN  DD *
>> ID2EMAIL GRODRIG

If XMITP is Rexx, and ID2EMAIL is Rexx and you own it, you
can use a Rexx "CALL" instruction and bypass the ugly TSO/CLIST
EX syntax entirely.  I would.

-- gil