From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On
Behalf Of Timothy Sipples
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 11:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [z390] Anyone want Source code listing of last VSE program
product Supervisor?

Lizette Koehler passes along an offer from Steve Donato:
>....This was from when IBM use to distribute VSE supervisor Source
>code.... I couldĀ send it snail mail as BOOK RATE, which is cheap....
>Listing was assembled Oct. 1999.
>This is good reference material only, since it is IBM Program Product
>5686-066. I purchased this product for my IBM P370. It was legally
>licensed to me. I want to give the listing to someone or group, that
>might be able to make use of this as reference material, since I no
>longer use it. I had the actual code destroyed.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't a licensed and copyrighted program a
licensed and copyrighted program -- either in part or as a whole? If I print
that licensed program on paper, does it stop being a licensed program? (No.)
If one keeps a copy of the licensed program on paper but destroys the
electronic version, has one "destroyed the code"? (No.)

As Sgt. Phil Esterhaus used to say, "Hey, let's be careful out there." Just
ask the vendor if you've got any questions about what your license does and
does not allow you to do.

I appreciate that we all want to share stuff. It's a good impulse. But there
are some limitations we should be careful to respect.

If I'm totally misinterpreting the post, mea culpa in advance.

Timothy Sipples
Resident Enterprise Architect (Based in Singapore)
E-Mail: timothy.sipp...@us.ibm.com
to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN