You can do just about anything with enough time, money, and code.  I'm usually
lacking in one or more of those resources.

However, having some experience with Install/1, if you have a non-trivial
application written using the online architecture, replacing certainly would a
signficant effort, likely resulting in a complete application re-write.  For
all the complaints about it over the years, it did make a lot of core things a
lot easier--the field validation in particular is extensive and all that's
wrapped up in the I/1 artifacts not in the application code.  A lot of screen
flow is similarly not driven by application code but by the design.

We did a deal with Foundation (Accenture branch or spin off or whatever that
supported I/1) several years ago to get the source code for I/1.  Unfortunately
the application team hasn't done much with it sense other than recompile it
once or twice (which can be tricky enough in it's own right).  While I'm quite
happy to no longer be on that application team, had I been when we got the code
I would have had some fun digging into it and maybe addressing some
long-standing concerns.  At the very least I would have tried to clean up the
mess of how it all is compiled and linked together.

I'm curious why you want to replace it--my understanding was Foundation was
trying to do a similar deal with all their customers to get out of the
bussiness of supporting it.  Did you not do such a deal and are now stuck with
unsupported object code?  Or is it that you still are supported but want to
stop that payment stream?  Or something else?