From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Dave Day
Sent: 18 August 2012 18:41
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: What does R2 contain on entry to an FRR created using IEAMSCHD

     The auth assembler services guide has the following:

GPR 2 Contains the address of the 24-byte parameter area returned by the SETFRR
macro when you specified PARMAD.

     The IEAMSCHD macro has a keyword to set an FRR, but I don't see any
mechanism for passing a parm to the FRR.

      Currently the way my code is written, the SRB does a SETFRR as early as
possible after beginning execution.  It then places an address in the parm area
returned by the SETFRR, for the FRR to use if an abend occurs in the SRB
routine.

     To test my recovery logic, I set up situations that cause the SRB to
either time out, or abend.  On restart after the recovery, the next time thru
the logic to schedule the SRB again, I had an error that caused an 0C4 at the
front of the SRB logic, before the SETFRR was excuted.  And since the IEAMSCHD
coded SYNCH=NO, I had no indication in my code that the SRB had abended after
being scheduled.  Eventually it was logrec that told me what was going on.

      The FRR logic is used by all SRBs, and it is the parm that is passed to
the FRR that gives the FRR logic its 'context'.

     Is there a way to pass the FRR a parm when it is created by IEAMSCHD?

      --Dave Day