For the isflog function to work using rexx/sdsf, the system has to be at zos1.12

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Henri Kuiper
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: REXX/SDSF ISFLOG ' failure'

Hello,

Just curious if anyone can guide me towards a solution to the following:

1. I am running z/OS 1.11 (from the z1090 distribution) 2. I want to use ISFLOG
to read data from SYSLOG 3. Rexx Code I'm using looks like this

/* REXX */

RC=ISFCALLS('ON')
ISFLINELIM="10"
ADDRESS SDSF "ISFLOG READ TYPE(SYSLOG)"
DO I = 1 TO ISFMSG2.0
  SAY ISFMSG2.I
END
DO I = 1 TO ISFLINE.0
  SAY ISFLINE.I
END

4. When executing :

ISF302E "UNQUOTED-STRING" was seen in command position 1 where one of the follo
wing was expected: END-OF-STMT, ISFACT, ISFEXEC, ISFGET, ISFSLASH.
ISF767I Request completed.

Somehow making me think ISFLOG is not ' available ' ?

The books say : The ISFLOG command processes the logical log, which requires
that |the JES level be at least z/OS(r) V1R11. |For more information, refer to
SYSLOG<http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/zos/v1r12/topic/com.ibm.zos.r12.isfa500/genhindx.htm#genhindx>
.

Are there any other things I need to implement before this ISFLOG works?

Thanks in advance

DISCLAIMER:
or confidential and is protected from disclosure. If the
reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or
an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message
to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.