Uwe,

The SMF dates DT1, DT2, DT3 are of the format (X'0cyydddF') in their raw
form. So you can treat them as PD fields and extract the data you want.

ex:

//STEP0100 EXEC PGM=SORT
//SYSOUT   DD SYSOUT=*
//SORTIN   DD DISP=SHR,DSN=Your Input SMF file
//SORTOUT  DD SYSOUT=*
//SYSIN    DD *
  OPTION COPY,VLSHRT
  INCLUDE COND=(06,1,BI,EQ,16,AND,      $ TYPE 16
               (7,4,BI,GT,3600000,AND,  $ TIME
                7,4,BI,LT,3960000),AND,
                11,4,PD,EQ,112215)      $ (X'0CYYDDDF' = AUG02 12)
//*

Elardus Engelbrecht,

You cannot use DTn formats with INCLUDE/OMIT

Thanks,
Sri Hari Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation