From:   Lizette Koehler <stars...@mindspring.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Date:   08/28/2012 04:01 PM
Subject:        Re: HELP - RECATALOGING VSAM COMPONENTS
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>

Did you look up the IDC3009I message

6                   Explanation: Either the primary VSAM volume record

                    (VVR) points to another catalog, or the primary VVR or

                    non-VSAM volume record (NVR) for the object being
                    recataloged was not found on the first volume serial

                    number specified. The primary VVR or NVR contains the

                    data set information needed to recatalog the object.

                    Possible causes of this error are:

                    o   No VVR exists.

                    o   A VVR exists, but it points to another catalog.

                    o   Parameters were not specified as they were when

                        the cluster was originally defined. The parameters

                        are NAME, INDEXED, LINEAR, NONINDEXED, NUMBERED,

                        and VOLUMES.
              Programmer Response:

              If no VVR exists, then re-issue the DEFINE command,
              without the RECATALOG parameter, for the ICF catalog.

              If the VVR exists but points to a different catalog,
              specify the correct catalog and re-issue the DEFINE
              command with the RECATALOG parameter.

              If the original values for parameters NAME, INDEXED,
              LINEAR, NONINDEXED, NUMBERED, and VOLUMES were not
              specified, specify the original values and re-issue
              the DEFINE command with the RECATALOG parameter.

Have you tried adding LINEAR?  Or is it the correct catalog (I tend to not
include a catalog)?

Lizette