>Mike Schwab wrote:
>
>>I am thinking they are missing the old run time libraries.
>
>It is a good possibility. BTGTT, of course, my programmers are not really
>happy with that possibility. :-)

All COBOL library routines are included in LE, so that is NOT a possibility.
What I do see in client shops is setting different LE runtime options in
z/OS x+1 versus z/OS x.  If the runtime options are the same in both z/OS
levels, and there is no user cause for these abends, then you have a good
case for making IBM fix this.  We guarantee that old COBOL modules will run
with new LE releases (if COBOL Migration Guide rules are followed) so if it
is IBM's fault, let us fix it!  PMR time.

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<