What about

char *s6="wombat";

?

This makes s6 a pointer to the characters {'w','o','m','b','a','t','\0'}. There
is not really any difference between char s6[] and char *s6. You can still do
s6[0] which is the same as *s6. And s6[1] which is *(s6+1). s6[n] is just an
alternate way to say *(s6+n). Which is identical to *(n+s6). Which is identical
to n[s6]. As weird as that may be. I am not sure what C++ would do with that.

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group

HealthMarkets®

9151 Boulevard 26 • N. Richland Hills • TX 76010
(817) 255-3225 phone •
john.mck...@healthmarkets.com • www.HealthMarkets.com

HealthMarkets® is the brand name for products underwritten and issued by the
insurance subsidiaries of HealthMarkets, Inc. –The Chesapeake Life Insurance
Company®, Mid-West National Life Insurance Company of TennesseeSM and The MEGA
Life and Health Insurance Company.SM