Been there, done that.

We explained our auditor that the software instalation tool in z/OS is
SMP/E, which is protected by the GIM.* profile in the FACILITY class
in our RACF. We printed the accesses for that profile and they were
satisfied enough after we explained that the admins don't need UPDATE
but READ access to install software.

Regards,
Harald