In <506316c1.30...@gabegold.com>, on 09/26/2012
   at 10:52 AM, Gabe Goldberg <g...@gabegold.com> said:

>I'm writing article for Destination z -- http://destinationz.org/ --
>giving tips for reporting problems to vendors.

Off the top of my head:

 1. Be honest about severity level.

 2. Know escalation procedures but use them sparingly.

 3. Report data, not your interpretation of them.

 4. Don't use SYSABEND or SYSUDUMP unless the vendor requests
    them.

 5. Provide environemental data

 6. If possible, provide a simple way to reproduce the problem.

 7. Offer to run traces and to collect other reasonable data if
    the vendor needs them.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>