Well we had such a pleasant phone call on Friday with IBM reps on this subject. Much to our DISMAY, they maintain that this access was never free and that promoting web sites costs money. And people at phones don't? IBMLINK I'm told has been this way since either 98 or 99. I state, I never entered that way. I entered via some support url that was quite long and was book marked on my system. Later when all of my id's that had been created were merged into one, the site has eventually changed to ibm.com/support. The individual on the other end maintains no knowledge of this site only his knowing to IBMLINK. So, at this point they want hit us up for like 300K over a five year period to have this access for 7ids under their enterprise contract. Can ya believe this?!?!?! I have no idea how many of you are out there that have had this access and still do, I just hope you can maintain it. Otherwise, I ask any of you out there to stand up now, cause otherwise the access is just gonna be trimmed down one at a time until we're all paying for electronic access. How about SHARE? Yell, scream...

Currently one user id for the q/a ( which now is the ability to do PMR's, searches, etc for z/OS ) is like 7k/year. In a power point that came out on July of 2012 that we were given has a slide that would suggest your MLC code does NOT cover this ability to submit a bug on IBM's code ELECTRONICALLY. You have to pay the additional. How truly SAD this is...

We have 10 of us that can open SRs (along with SIS, AST, and SRD) but only one of
us has Q&A. We do not have that Enterprise agreement.

Brian W. France
Systems Administrator (Mainframe)
Pennsylvania State University
Administrative Information Services - Infrastructure/SYSARC
Rm 25 Shields Bldg., University Park, Pa. 16802
814-863-4739
b...@psu.edu <mailto:b...@psu.edu>

"To make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe."

Carl Sagan