I have a program written in LE C++ that is among other usages designed to be
callable from a COBOL (or potentially other LE) program. I recently changed
the program to run POSIX(ON) because it is now sometimes calling the GSK
crypto routines.

Now, when I call it from a COBOL program I get the following error:

CEE3648S POSIX(ON) run-time option in a nested
enclave enclave-name is not supported.
Explanation: In Language Environment, a process can
have only one enclave that is running with POSIX(ON),
and that enclave must be the first enclave. All nested
enclaves must be running with POSIX(OFF).
Programmer response: Specify the POSIX(ON)
run-time option for only the first enclave. Make sure all
nested enclaves specify POSIX(OFF).
System action: The application will be terminated.

Is it truly the case that a POSIX(ON) main program can't be invoked from
another LE program? That seems kind of restrictive given that a number of C
library functions require POSIX(ON).

I gather it's also not possible to turn POSIX on programmatically, is that
correct? It has to be set either with a #pragma or one of the CEEOPTS type
methods, is that right?

Charles