<snip>
(1) how does one maintain multiple copies of zfs files off of one master
catalog, given that you can't catalog vsam files using symbolic values in the
catalog entry ;
</snip>

I use DFDSS logical copy from my SMP/E maintained datasets to the "new sysres"
Sample control statements are pre-processed by a utility to perform variable
substitution prior to job submission.

COPY DS                                               -
       (INCLUDE                                       -
             (                                        -
             SYS1.OMVS.**                             -
             )                                        -
       )                                              -
       RENAMEUNC                                      -
        (SYS1.OMVS.ETC.&FVOL4,SYS1.OMVS.ETC.&TVOL4)             -
        (SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.&FVOL4,SYS1.OMVS.ROOT.&TVOL4)           -
        (SYS1.OMVS.SCSDROOT.&FVOL4,SYS1.OMVS.SCSDROOT.&TVOL4)   -
        (SYS1.OMVS.VAR.&FVOL4,SYS1.OMVS.VAR.&TVOL4)             -
 LOGINDYNAM(&FVOL4) RECATALOG(SYS1.PRD2Z1D.MCAT)      -

HTH,

Al Staller | Z Systems Programmer | KBM Group | (Tel) 972 664-3565 |
allan.stal...@kbmg.com