From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of McKown, John
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 10:17 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Strange thought - ADRDSSU output to a UNIX pipe.

With compression, I could literally back up the company's entire mainframe
environment (we're small) onto my home PC's eSATA drive. With room to spare.
Yes, I realize that my home disk is not generally rated as reliable as the
enterprise disk. But what about SSD instead of physical tape?

Have I been into the "holiday cheer" too early this year?

--
John McKown
Systems Engineer IV

Administrative Services Group