I'm playing with a similar type fix, but a permenant one, not a zap.

We come into the AS via XMS and then decide where to schedule the work.
If we detect a dump is in progress we schedule the work to a TCB instead of an
SRB.
It seems to work.
If we dump our AS then all the work stops until the dump is complete and then
what came in during the dump goes on TCBs and what comes in later is back on
the SRBs.
If the dump was someone elses AS then our work just runs on TCBs for a the
duration of the dump.

Now if I could find an easy way to determine if my PAS was the one dumping,
while in XMS mode, It would be even better, but all my ASCBs and TCBs are for
the HAS.

However what I have seems to work.

Ron.