On 12/9/2012 7:19 AM, John McKown wrote:
I use RMODE(SPLIT) all the time to put my I/O
CSECTs into RMODE(24) storage, while leaving the other CSECTs in
RMODE(31) storage.

I assume this is for non-reentrant code only. Of course, DCBs and DECBs must still reside below 16MB (that usually works out to somewhere around 100 bytes of LOC=24 virtual storage per file--a little more if you use exit lists). But, there is no need for the code that performs OPEN, CLOSE, GET, PUT, READ, WRITE, or even EXCP or STARTIO to be RMODE(24).

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc