From:   Edward Jaffe <edja...@phoenixsoftware.com>
To:     IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu,
Date:   12/13/2012 07:22 AM
Subject:        Re: OOCoD Question
Sent by:        IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@listserv.ua.edu>

On 12/12/2012 5:58 PM, Alan Field wrote:
> If I turn on Capacity on Demand (i.e. make our 507 look like a 509 say)
> will our software that looks at CPU model recognise the change?

Software will obtain the configuration information on its own schedule.
Some
will get your configuration at startup. Some will listen for ENFs to
detect
increases and decreases and get your configuration dynamically. Some will
check
periodically or when someone uses the product interactively. All should
see
current model=509, permanent model=507, and temporary model=509 but only
"enlightened" software will care about or do anything with the second two
values. For example, (E)JES compares your license against your permanent
model
only, so you get to run temporarily "upgraded" mode with no warnings,
messages,
or other encumbrances and best of all--for free.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc

Unless stated otherwise above: