James,

I use the "Load from Removable Media or Server" function on the HMC frequently,
for many purposes. We run z9s, z10s and z196s. I always access HMCs via their
web interfaces.

All of our mainframes are in two sites 17 miles apart. They are mirrors of each
other and except by special permission, no one is allowed in these buildings.
They are patroled by armed guards.

I usually load from an FTP server, I have IPLed from a DVD drive on an HMC, on
occasion.

I don't have any problems, so I don't understand your question.

What problems are you having?

I can send screen shots, if you tell me what you're trying to do.

Harry