Well, the thought of doing so is terrifying to me. But I guess you could:

FORCE SMS,ARM
FORCE SMS

I'm just no sure what this will do. IMO, it would be better to create
a new SCDS dataset as a "minimal" SMS environment (no ACS routines),
and make it the active SCDS with:

SETSMS SCDS(new.minimal.scds)

But before doing so, I would likely also

create a new ACDS dataset
SETSMS SAVEACDS(new.acds.dsn)

That way, if you need to quickly revert, you can simply:

SETSMS ACDS(new.acds.dsn)
SETSMS SCDS(original.scds.dsn)

But, really, I would think you'd want to try to debug what is going
wrong with your current SMS environment and fix it. Ah, if possible.

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 11:37 AM, william janulin <wjanu...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> To list;
>
>   I have been attempting to stop SMS (if that is possible) as we are running
> into allocation issues when logging on to TSO. I have tried various
> combinations of parameters on the VARY SMS command but continue to get SYNTAX
> errors. Has anyone had to stop SMS and if so, could you share the syntax
> of the command.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>  Bill Janulin

Maranatha! <><