> Am I the only one who misses the rationale behind the z/OS installation and
> maintenance of SAS 9.2 (and now 9.3) using the Software Depot? I imagine it
> would be more palatable if it was straight foward and error free. Also, has
> anyone evaluated (or converted to) the World Programming System (WPS) with
> any success?

We went from SAS V8 to WPS 2.5 successfully a few years back. At substantially
lower cost. I had never migrated to any of the V9 SASs because I didn't want to
be bothered with the USS stuff and the extra PC application.
Since we only used SAS in batch anyway (and WPS had added a language element we
needed) conversion was fairly painless, the source could be used without
changes. The only code changes I had to do were in conjunction with getting rid
of ITSV (the CP macros around the SAS/GRAPH part), which were entirely due to
the way SAS was licenced at our site.
In addition, I found WPS support to be outstanding.

Barbara Nitz