On 5/12/2020 4:29 PM, Phil Smith III wrote:
... 3270 data streams were fun because they were so complex.

Ha! Reminds me of when I was a trainee installing InfoMan V1 (I think) which was supplied with various 3270 screens in binary form, and no utility to edit them. To change a screen I had to learn the basic 3270 codes including SBA (Set Buffer Address) followed by 2 byte addresses that made little sense. So I made a 24x80 paper chart for myself with every address.

One of the experienced sysprogs saw me working on that chart late one evening and complained, "Is this the kind of busy-work they are making the trainee's do??" I didn't know what to say so I kept quiet. To me it was fun.